For consideration of your music for our weekly program, we strongly recommend that you look at our archives and listen to a program before you submit.
Lots of details:
- It’s really helpful if you have a website where we can listen to snippets or entire songs BEFORE you send us your CD. Usually, we can tell from a few songs whether the CD will work for the show and you might save yourself some money if it doesn’t work.
- We used to give feedback when asked about why a particular record does not work for the program. We do not give that feedback any more. If your next record goes in another direction, get back in touch. This has happened several times where a debut did not work, but the second or third record was a huge program for us. It’s not personal–there are a lot of factors that go into how a record is selected or not.
- Mailing address: Country Fried Rock, PO Box 4110, Florence, SC 29502
- Do not send attachments, “dropbox” type links, or mp3′s in email without prior communication from us asking you for this content. Email will be deleted without being read if files or downloads are sent blindly.
- We only accept original music–albums, not singles. If you do not write your songs, do not send us your music.
- We generally cover full-length albums, but rarely we will feature an EP–rarely.
- Often, we will reconnect with a band that has a fabulous live show that we have seen, even if the record did not grab us initially. A fabulous live show always trumps a record for us.
- Email: add the symbols to info countryfriedrock com