Sam Doores collaborates in recording and performing, making creative and practical decisions that allow his songs to reach as many audiences as possible. Whether Doores is playing solo, with his band, in a duo setting with a stompbox, or as part of Hurray for the Riff Raff, the versatile musician and songwriter is adding more to his professional toolbox. Doores’ influences range from Hank Williams and Woody Guthrie, to knowledge by necessity with a weekly four-hour gig just off Bourbon Street in New Orleans–fusing the music of Allen Toussaint, old R&B, swamp pop, and traditional country with Irish barroom tunes. Such a diverse setlist allowed him to develop his own skills and sounds as he crafted and improved his own songwriting.
- Sam Doores + Riley Downing and the Tumbleweeds Holy Cross Blues ON ITUNES Holy Cross Blues – Sam Doores, Riley Downing & The Tumbleweeds This record is an interesting collaboration between the two songwriters, like a recorded song swap.
- Hurray for the Riff Raff Look Out Mama ON ITUNES Look Out Mama – Hurray for the Riff Raff Doores often opens for and/or plays with HFTRR, another fantastic New Orleans band.
- The Pogues If I Should Fall From Grace With God [Expanded] (US Version) ON ITUNES The Pogues Doores tells a funny story about playing a weekly four-hour gig in an Irish pub just off Bourbon Street in New Orleans–and his year spent in Ireland.
- Hayes Carll Kmag Yoyo (& Other American Stories) [+Digital Booklet] ON ITUNES Hayes Carll One of Doores’ favorite persons with whom to tour.
- Alabama Shakes Boys & Girls ON ITUNES Alabama Shakes Doores has been on the road with the Alabama Shakes, as well as recorded at the Bomb Shelter.
- Morgan O’Kane Pendulum ON ITUNES Morgan O’Kane Label-mate and friend, and good co-touring partner.
- Spirit Family Reunion I Want to Be Relieved ON ITUNES Spirit Family Reunion A band you should try to catch live.
- Andrew Combs Worried Man ON ITUNES Andrew Combs Another friend and tour partner.