Each year, Country Fried Rock does a special radio program of our listeners’ favorite programs, determined largely by the number of podcast downloads and a weird math formula involving website traffic for online listening via our audio stream — basically, which programs y’all listened to the most. We’ll air that special double episode the last 2 weeks of this year. It’s packed full of fantastic music, so look for that right around the corner.
Each year, I hem and haw and hesitate to make my own list, because I like every single band I feature. If I don’t like it, I don’t feature it. Heck, there’s a ton of music I love that I can’t feature! I’m just one person making this magic happen. 😀
So, I caved. Here’s my list, but like a mama, I love you all. I just love a few of y’all a little more than I love the others. Go ahead and buy these albums. You’ll pat yourself on the back for being so fabulous.
- 10. NC Music Love Army, We Are Not For Sale: Songs of Protest From the NC Music Love Army (North Carolina)
- 9. Belle Adair, The Brave and the Blue (Alabama)
- 8. Austin Lucas, Stay Reckless [+digital booklet] (Indiana, now in Nashville)
- 7. Shinyribs, Gulf Coast Museum (Texas)
- 6. Mary Gauthier, Live At Blue Rock (Louisiana, now in Nashville)
- 5. Hymn For Her, Lucy & Wayne’s Smokin Flames [Explicit] (Pennsylvania, Florida)
- 4. The Whiskey Gentry, Holly Grove (Georgia)
- 3. Kenny Roby, Memories & Birds (North Carolina)
- 2. Shonna Tucker & Eye Candy, A Tell All (Georgia, Alabama)
- 1. Various Artists, Vol. 2 For Nuci’s Space (a charity album for suicide prevention that I curated) Available on Bandcamp. Coming to iTunes & Amazon in 2014. (Georgia, South Carolina)