The Devil Makes Three‘s fourth record, I’m A Stranger Here, brings on board some serious heavyweights for the band’s New West Records debut. Produced with Buddy Miller and recorded at Dan Auerbach‘s new studio in Nashville, the California trio brings together their Vermont unvarnished origins and California ease. Pete Bernhard tells about the band’s path to where they are now, muddling road-weariness with appreciation and satisfaction for where they are now. Recording in Nashville allowed them to bring in exemplary sparkle to their existing shine, like Casey Dreissen on fiddle, Buddy Miller on guitar, and the Preservation Hall Horns, while maintaining their identity.
Check out this great playlist of related artists!
The easiest way to listen whenever you want: our new app.
Download or stream this podcast at the bottom of this post, or subscribe for free on iTunes.
Buy the music from this show here.
- The Devil Makes 3 I’m A Stranger Here on Amazon or on iTunes
- Buddy Miller on Amazon or on iTunes
- Pete Bernhard on Amazon or on iTunes
- Valerie June on Amazon or on iTunes
- The Mello-Tones on Amazon or on iTunes
- Marisa Anderson on Amazon or on iTunes
- Tommy Womack on Amazon or on iTunes
- John Fullbright on Amazon or on iTunes
- The Brothers Comatose (CFR Alumni) on Amazon or on iTunes
Download the free podcast here, or subscribe for free on iTunes.